Friday, April 27, 2012

Let's Celebrate... SAM IS 5!

Sam I am is 5.
This year he chose an Angry Birds birthday party theme.
Believe it or not, even wit how popular this android game has become, there aren't a whole lot of options out there where it comes to birthday parties.  Initially this was frustrating, but I pulled my head together and began brain storming. 

I started out with the decor ideas... I had initially planned to decorate balloons like angry birds, but lets face it, that's a whole heck of a lot of work to do in a day.  So I just stuck with simple balloons and table coverings.  I made a little sign as well.  

The birthday boy waiting for friends to arrive

Now every birthday kid needs a birthday hat.  Girls it's easy, crown/tiara and they are happy being princess for a day regardless of the theme.  I ran across this little red fisherman's hat at the dollar store... I thought I would try to do something fun with it and this is what I came up with.


Not that's a cute kid!


Sam and his big sis.  

Pretty simple decor.  I needed to make sure that the decor was easy because I devoted SO much time to those Angry Birds Cake pops.


I didn't originally plan to make a cake, but I ran out of sucker sticks for the cake pops so I had to find something to do with all these extra cake balls.  

The unplanned birthday cake.


These cake pops took me two days to make, and quite frankly I am very proud of them. I searched the internet for some tutorials on how to make these or even some inspiration and really couldn't find anything so I had to just wing it.  I personally feel they turned out great.  I will post a step by step how to on how I did these in another post so be watching for that soon! 

I may have went a little overboard....



The thieving pigs...

And the red Angry bird.

I am still not 100% sold on using these little bowls to display/set them out.  I also need to find a better way to let the chocolate dry on the ones that aren't being dipped in sprinkles... The tops end up looking kind of lame.  


The kids played outside for a little bit while we waited for friends to arrive and of course his Aubrielle was the first to show up.  He was excited to see her.  

Sam and his girly friend Aubrielle
We played, well popped, the balloons in the front room for a little bit.


Then moved onto pin the nose on the thieving pig.  I knew I needed to come up with something to entertain the kids.  My first thoughts were to create some sort of fair games... Well this wasn't exactly MY idea, Shelley over at The House Of Smith's so kindly helped with this suggestion. And it was a great one, only time wasn't permitting me to create some fun games like those you see at the fair... you know the ones where you throw a ball at the milk jugs or a bean bag through a clowns mouth.  Anyway, I came up with pin the nose on the thieving pig, which took me all of about 15 minutes to draw and an extra 5 to decorate with a crown and golden egg.  I think it was a hit with the kids, and when they were all done we went in order by who got the closest and all of the kids picked prizes.    

Sam goes first!

See his nose?




After the game we all sat down and watched Sam open his presents.  He really got a lot of GREAT things and is very fortunate to already have some great friends.  

Thanks Jacob!

Thanks Jaycee and Amaya!

Thanks Weston!

Thanks Connor!

Thanks Aubrielle!  In the words of Sam "I've always wanted one of these!"  Good pick Aubs!

Thanks Aunt Jaime and Cousins...

Aunt Jaime's card even played the chicken dance, so of course we HAD to do it!

Me and Sam gettin' our chicken dance on while everyone else just watched and laughed.



Thanks Grammy, Andy, Uncle Alex, and Uncle Bronson!

And of course Thanks Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy!

Time to make a wish and blow out his candles...



I really hope that Sam enjoyed his party as much as I enjoyed making it happen.  It was so much fun to be creative and make this party a success.  

On a little side note...
Aubrielle was VERY excited about this little umbrella.
She chose this as her prize in our game and was dancing around, spinning it.  She said, "I just love this, I've never had a kite this color before!" 
Ha!  Kids are so much fun!


Sam and his favorite girl in the world (aside from his Mama of course!)








No comments: