Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Pre-Welcome for Baby Pearl...

I had the privilege of hosting a shower today for a near, dear, and longtime friend.  By longtime friend, I mean a friend who has been a friend since we were in diapers.  Now here we are, me already having conquered the diaper phase and she just embarking upon it.  I was so honored to be a part of this with her and for her.  



She wanted a Hello Kitty themed shower, as that is the theme she is looking to make her baby nursery.  I looked and looked and looked for cute Hello Kitty themed baby shower decor and such, but just couldn't find anything that I liked that was really inexpensive.  Besides, it wouldn't be me to just break down and BUY all the party stuff now would it?  Of course I HAD to make it all...  I created the invitation on Powerpoint (that program is really amazing for things aside from just presentations) and then Amber and I sat one afternoon and added some ribbon.  They turned out really cute!  


I worked really hard on the decor for this shower.  I hand made all the little cupcake decorations (inspired by my Sister Steph's cupcakes from last weekends shower... HERE.)  I made the little pom pom balls hanging above the table as well as ones we hung outside.  I of course made the cake pops per Amber's request.  They were confetti cake, her favorite, just like the cupcakes.  I made the cupcakes as well.  I made her the little sign with her baby's name on it, but I had a friend make the cute little Hello Kitty hat. Last but not least I made the concentration/memory game as well.  I don't think that I could have accomplished the look I was going for if I hadn't made the decor by hand.  Amber liked the pink/white/black look and lets just face it.  Baby shower stuff consists of Noah's Ark animals and pastels.  









I feel that the decor/food came together really well, which was good because she had an amazing turn out.  She got a TON of great things and I really hope she is please with her overall day.  I had fun doing this for her and again was honored.  

My older sister was so kind to let us use her house considering she has more space than I do.  I didn't want anyone to be uncomfortably crammed, which was good as you can tell by how many came out in support of Amber, Armando, and baby Pearl.  


































Amber and Armando are loved very much, Pearl will be too.



No comments: